Whilst it may be an exciting time setting up a new business on the Gold Coast or throughout Queensland, it is important you carefully plan and consider the necessary issues to build a strong foundation for the business to operate.
Whether you are establishing a new business or purchasing one that is already existing, we can guide you through the legal matters which may include:
- where exiting existing employment arrangements, review of any exit agreements or provisions that you may be subject to, advisory as to any restraint covenants and obligations as to Intellectual Property or confidential information when exiting existing employment, particularly if you are setting up a competing business;
- structuring or corporate governance advice for the proposed business entity to maximise asset protection and tax outcomes and drafting the appropriate constituent documentation (such as partnership agreements, constitutions or articles, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements etc);
- registering business names and protecting intellectual property (trademarks etc);
- review loan and security documents from financiers;
- negotiating contracts for the purchase of an existing business;
- assisting with the procurement of a lease for the intended trading premises;
- assisting with procuring relevant licences and permits and complying with statutory and regulatory requirements;
- dealing with distributors or suppliers regarding any contracts or terms of supply;
- employment and contractor or consultancy arrangements;
- distribution and agency agreements;
- terms and conditions for supply of goods to customers, trade terms or credit applications and similar with cutsomers;
- website or domain terms and conditions or advisory regarding same;
- product liability, indemnities and warranties;
- advice in connection with any obligations under the Australian Consumer Law when dealing with the supply or goods or services and claims for defects or negligence, returns, replacements or otherwise from customers; and
- debt recovery procedures.
The above is by no means exhaustive and for more information please contact our business and commercial law department on 07 5526 0157.