Operating a business often requires you to contract with third parties whether it is buying stock or supplies, leasing premises, licensing software or engaging third parties to carry out tasks in respect of your business.
Having proper contractual documentation ensures transparency, provides protection, can minimise disputes and often can add value to your business. Our business and commercial lawyers can assist you with reviewing, advising and or negotiating the terms of contract to ensure all agreed terms are documented, compliance with any statutory or regulatory requirements and to protect your interests. Conversely, we can assist you in enforcing your rights under the contract should the need arise.
Examples of the types of contracts and other documents that our team are regularly engaged to draft or review and advise upon include:-
- Heads of agreement or terms sheets;
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements;
- Share sale agreements;
- Shareholders agreements;
- Asset sale and purchase contracts;
- Intellectual property contracts (including licences, transfers, sales or assignments);
- Supply and distribution agreements;
- Franchise agreements (including assignments, transfers or surrenders);
- Sale of Goods agreements;
- Services agreements;
- Joint venture and partnership agreements;
- Loan agreements, mortgages, guarantees, security agreements and other loan documents;
- Agency and consultancy agreements;
- Employment and contractor agreements;
- Distribution and supply agreements;
- Leases (including assignments, surrenders etc); and
- Licence agreements.
Our contracts lawyers offer extensive experience in drafting and negotiating deeds and agreements for numerous and sophisticated transactions.